Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My favourite fruit in summer - peach!

There are many fruits that I enjoy in Japan. My favourite in summer is definitely 桃 (Japanese peach). This fruit can be red or light yellow and has fine hairs on its skin. The flesh is extremely juicy and sweet when it is ripe. I have been advised not to refrigerate the fruit for too long as the taste will change. Best to eat it at room temperature.

These 白糖桃 are from Okayama Prefecture. It costs about 1600 yen for a box of three. Peaches from Yamanashi Prefecture are also famous in Japan. 

Fruit agar is also a popular dessert in summer. I made momo, blueberries and apple juice agar. It was quite easy to make and the agar (vegan) can be bought from supermarkets.


I also tried the melons from Furano in Hokkaido, recently. The texture of the melon's skin is different from the one's I usually have back home. The colour of its flesh is orange. The taste is definitely sweet and the fruit is juicy. I bought this at Farm Tomita, Furano for 300 Yen per slice.

さくらんぼ (sakuranbo) are also available in summer. Oh, how I love Japanese fruits!




No comments: